Where the Dreams Begin...

Where the Dreams Begin...

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dreaming IS believing

This spring, a dream I had for 10 years became a reality.  With years of research, years of saying, "One day...", and years of using the product daily, I opened my own Polish Pottery Business!   Polish Pottery is not 'polishing' pottery.  It is Pottery imported from Poland.  It is hand painted, hand stamped stoneware made with a very unique clay found in a small area in Poland.  Many military women discover Polish Pottery when stationed in Europe.  These women are, in large part, why this pottery is so popular among women in the USA.

'More Polish Pottery' opened in June 2011. The name was inspired by our movers from Germany.  When we were packing to move back to the United States, the movers kept commenting on the boxes of pottery they were packing.  It wasn't just in my kitchen, but dining room, living room, basement storage, etc. 

For so many years, I wanted to share my love of this pottery.  During many events at my house, people would comment on the beauty of it!  I realized one day this spring, that our new home would be a perfect location for a display room of pottery.  I know that my goal was to eventually get the pottery into gift shops throughout Chicagoland as a regional wholesaler while having a retail shop on site. Its very difficult to import and also very difficult for consumers to find this pottery.  I wanted to make it more accessible to find!  People LOVE Polish Pottery one they try it. With all the guidance, research, and connections I have made since moving back to USA from Europe in 2001, it paid off! 

An aspect of dreaming is that it sometimes isn't always the plan you 'think' it may be.  Little did I know during this process, that my job that I held for 8 years would be no longer. Homemade Gourmet closed June 30th.  I had such mixed emotions.  Do I still move forward with my pottery shop?  Or, do I hold back and wait and see what happens. It could be a gamble opening a new business in this economy. I realized, that I would be selling myself short of my true potential if I didn't continue moving forward.  I have dreamt for this for such a long time!

Yet, when one door closes, another door opens.  When Homemade Gourmet closed, they worked out an agreement with Tastefully Simple to offer us the opportunity to join at a special rate as a former HG consultant. I decided to continue in the food industry as a Tastefully Simple Consultant July 1st.  In our first month of signing up as a new consultant, I was blessed to have 41 team members who wanted to continue that relationship and learn alongside me!  This has been such a whirlwind last month but yet so rewarding!   And, after our initial tears of sadness or fears subsided, we have been having so much fun!  I have always loved sharing great meals with families and I can continue doing that at Tastefully Simple.

Change is inevitable.
Dreaming is optional.

Yet BELIEVING is the key that dreams can come true. Change can get us to that destination.  We may not always see it along the way, but when we look in the rear view mirror, we can see exactly that the experiences and relationships we have built, are the reason of where we are today.

So today, I am the proud owner of 'More Polish Pottery' and Tastefully Simple Team Manager. 

Check me out on the web!  Become a Facebook friend!  I am so humbled when someone gives me feedback or encouragement.  It's never easy starting something new.....yet BELIEF that 'the best is yet to come' will be the thing that I am going to wish for my family dreams.

http://www.morepolishpottery.com/
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/bgengler
facebook:  More Polish Pottery

No comments:

Post a Comment