Where the Dreams Begin...

Where the Dreams Begin...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just Bubbles

This morning, I expected a blustery and cold day when I took Alex down our driveway to wait for the bus.  It has been cloudy and rainy in recent weeks and I expected it not to be pleasant.  However, I was surprised to walk outside to a warm wind with a hint of humidly attached.  I actually thought for a moment, "I should go get his spring jacket.  His winter jacket will be too warm."

This was a pleasant surprise as we have been cooped indoors in recent weeks.  The kids have been stir crazy.  So, when Ellie asked late this morning, "Mommy.  Can we go outside and play bubbles?"  I thought that this was a PERFECT day to venture outside!

Bubbles, bubbles, everywhere!  The wind just took the bubbles off to wherever they desired.  The girls were in heaven!  Johanna decided to take dandelions and put them in her bubble mixture while Ellie disliked this idea completely.  "Johanna, they will turn the bubble water BLACK!" Ellie harped at her twin sister.  They spent an hour making up magical stories about bubbles, castles, etc.

Nonetheless, 'just bubbles' inspired me to get dressed and moving myself.  Those last seeds that I had been meaning to plant in the greenhouse finally got seeded for a late harvest crop. The girls were already amazed at what green plants were already coming up from a previous planting.  They knew exactly how to put the dirt in the pots, add the seeds, and of course fought over who would water the plants.  I am really proud of how smart my 4 year old children are.

Katarina also got to play in water puddles when she woke from her nap.  We also were able to dodge a few sprinkles and black clouds while we rode our little bikes and played with chalk in the greenhouses.

For a while, I felt like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Swirling black clouds, wind that made it difficult to walk - I could imagine myself in Kansas!  The wind living out in the country is SO different then living in town.  It gives me an entire different view on watching the weather.

Just Bubbles turned into a magical play day.  .

Sometimes, to just live in the moment of our children, we can appreciate life an entirely new way.
Had I not had children, I may not have even ventured out of the house today and missed the beauty that today brought!  We had a lot of fun exploring and make believe.

It is nice to know that my children enjoy my company as well.  We have so much fun just doing simple stuff - and the inspiration didn't cost much.  Just Soap and Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment